Elegant tab search, selection, and beyond. Designed to be fast, intuitive, and beautiful. Inspired by Spotlight. Keyboard-focused but mouse friendly too. Open source.
* Lists tabs in order of recency by default, then fuzzy search by title or URL. * Search recently closed tabs * Search all bookmarks * Search all history * Search all open tabs, closed tabs and browsing history at the same time
1. Activate the extension by entering CTRL+SPACE or ALT+SPACE on Macs. 2. Search your tabs by title or URL 3. Switch between suggestions using the arrow keys or TAB and SHIFT+TAB. 4. Switch to a tab by pressing ENTER or clicking on a suggestion 5. Try other search modes using SHIFT+SPACE
Other ways to activate Saka:
* CTRL+E (or CMD+E on Macs) * CTRL+SHIFT+1 (or CMD+SHIFT+1 on Macs) - This shortcut works globally even outside Chrome
Useful keyboard shortcuts:
* CTRL+K (or CMD+K on Macs) - Clear the search * CTRL+S (or CMD+S on Macs) - View the previous page of suggestions * CTRL+D (or CMD+D on Macs) - View the next page of suggestions * CTRL+Backspace (or CMD+Delete on Macs) - Close selected tab * DOWN ARROW or TAB - Select the next suggestions * UP ARROW or SHIFT-TAB - Select the previous suggestion
* SHIFT+SPACE - switch modes * SPACE (but only if the search bar is empty) - switch modes * CTRL+SHIFT+M (or CMD+SHIFT+M on Macs) - switch to select mode * CTRL+SHIFT+A (or CMD+SHIFT+A on Macs) - switch to tab search * CTRL+SHIFT+A (or CMD+SHIFT+A on Macs) - switch to recently closed tab search
Why does Saka need so many permission?
1. Read and change all your data on the websites you visit - needed to insert Saka into each page 2. Read and change your browsing history - needed for upcoming features: history search and recency-based tab switching 3. Read and change your bookmarks - needed for upcoming feature: bookmarks search
Custom keyboard shortcuts
To configure your keyboard shortcuts and make others available globally, enter "chrome://extensions/configureCommands" in your URL bar and hit enter.
Like this extension?
Check out the other open source extension for keyboard-only browsing Saka Key. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/saka-key/hhhpdkekipnbloiiiiaokibebpdpakdp
0.17.1 * Added feature to close selected tab in Saka when hotkey (ctrl+backspace) is pressed
0.16.4 * Improved fuzzy search to not penalize search results based on length * Improved mode switcher UI to make it more obvious that it is clickable * Added restoring of window sessions
0.16.1 * Fixed issue where Saka could not be launched using a custom hotkey in Saka Key
0.16.0 * Added a tab bar at the top of Saka to allow for easy switching between modes
0.15.0 * Added 'Recently Viewed' search mode for all open tabs, closed tabs and browsing history at the same time
0.14.2 * Added optional highlighting + fuzzy search for bookmark and history search
0.14.1 * Fix bug where active selection icon was misaligned * Fix bug where mode selection was not rendering ⌘ correctly * Fix bug where suggestions were hidden on new installs first load
0.14.0 * Added History Search * Added Saka hotkey list on the options page * Fixed bug where incognito tab favicons could leak into the non-incognito favicon cache when a user loaded Saka while having incognito tabs open (https://github.com/lusakasa/saka/issues/28)
0.13.0 * Added options page for customizing Saka settings * Choose default mode that Saka opens in * Enable/Disable suggestions list when Saka first opens
0.12.1 * Added bookmark search
0.12.0 * Rearchitected to support Firefox * Better viewport and zoom independence
0.11.0 * Improved multi-window support
0.10.0 * Added mode for searching recently closed tabs * Added mode for selecting what type of search to perform * The Action button now indicates the current mode * The active suggestion now shows an icon corresponding to the suggestion type * Many new keyboard shortcuts
0.9.0 * Added Saka to right-click menu (will make this optional in future) * Fixed match highlighting bug
0.8.0 * Match highlighting * Recently closed tabs now appear at end of list when no search text is entered * Action button icon now changes based on the active suggestion
0.7.0 * Use your mouse wheel to scroll through suggestions!
0.6.0 * Pagination to support viewing more than 6 results * Moved "activation button" to left side of search bar as part of an upcoming feature
0.5.0 * Lists tabs by recency by default
0.4.0 * CMD+K no longer toggles Saka. Instead, it clears the search bar. * Integration with Saka Key
0.3.0 * Saka is now zoom independent so its size and location are fixed for common zoom levels and viewport sizes * When Saka is activated from a reserved page, the opened tab now uses a screenshot of the reserved page as it's background image.
0.2.0 * bug fixes * changed to persistent background page for reduced latency